- March 15th, 2013 – Washington Post Reviews DA2
- January 17th, 2013 – Las Vegas Review Journal
- December 12th, 2012 – Deadline Artists on Radio West KUER
- December 6th, 2012 – Capital New York Review
- December 3rd, 2012 – Co-editor John Avlon on KGO’s Ronn Owens
- November 23rd, 2011 – Deadline Artists on NPR Morning Edition
- November 19th, 2011 – Book TV Panel on Deadline Artists
- November 19th, 2011 – Miami Book Fair Deadline Artists Panel
- October 30th, 2011 – In My Library – Bill O’Reilly – NY Post
- October 29th, 2011 – Errol Louis guest blogs on Reader’s Almanac
Jimmy Breslin – It’s a Good Drinking Beer!
Jimmy Breslin plugs a good drinking beer!
H.L. Mencken: All American Cynic
Tabitha Hodges short film captures the history and character of Deadline Artists contributor H.L. Mencken.
A Short Film About Ernie Pyle
Short film for awards show about the courageous WWII reporter Ernie Pyle who died during an attack in Japan. Written & Directed by George Francisco
City Talk with Jimmy Breslin
Host of City Talk Professor Doug Muzzio sits down with Jimmy Breslin. Jimmy talks about his book “Branch Ricky” and his history as a newspaper columnist.
Mike Royko at the Billy Goat
Mike Royko talks about softball, his father’s saloon, the day he played for The Strykers and his dying wish — to fall dead on home plate in this rare 1982 interview at The Billy Goat Tavern.
H.L. Mencken Speaks!
On June 30th, 1948, the library of congress recorded an interview with H.L. Mencken. It is one of the only recordings of H.L. Mencken voice in existence. Listen here!
Will Rogers American Politics
How did a rope twirling, plain talking Cherokee cow-boy become one of the most powerful political voices in America? RSU Public Television strives to answer that question through its newly-produced documen-tary, “Will Rogers and American Politics”. Will Rogers is also … Continue reading
John Avlon talking Deadline Artists on Morning Joe
John Avlon talks Deadline Artists with columnist Mike Barnicle and the Morning Joe members. The discussion leads to thoughts on the newspapers in the age of the internet, the craft of columnists and how we remember the best newspaper writers.
Jesse Angelo on Fox and Friends
Deadline Artists editor Jesse Angelo talks with Fox and Friends about the sources of the great American newspaper columns. Jesse discusses Westbrook Pegler’s “The Death of Frankie Jerome” and Benjamin Franklin’s Poor Richard’s Almanack.
NY1 Online: Deadline Artists Paint A Picture of Their Craft
The editors of the new book “Deadline Artists,” John Avlon and Inside City Hall host Errol Louis, along with legendary columnists Stanley Crouch and Pete Hamill talk about what it takes to be a deadline artist.